Welcome to the story of us as we experience the journey to becoming first time parents!! We are very blessed and super excited to embark on this next chapter of our lives together.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

13 Weeks

I can hardly believe that 13 weeks of pregnancy have already past.  It is going by so fast.  I will say that I don’t miss the morning/all day sickness and the total exhaustion.  They are finally passing!  Now I am just loving every minute of this journey.  I think about baby all of the time and it is usually the topic of conversation wherever I go.  It’s such a special feeling knowing that you are taking care of a baby and that baby is growing and moving and developing into a little human being all inside of me.  I can’t imagine anything more special in life. 

I feel happier than I have in a couple of years.  I think Mike appreciates finally having his wife back.  The wife that is happy and excited by the little things in life again.  I tried my best to be happy and enjoy all of the alone time I have had with Mike over the last 7 years but the last 2 years have been rough.  Constant doctor visits and discouraging news can become a beat down.  But enough of all that, let’s move on to the good stuff.

I have started showing a little bump in the last couple of weeks!  Several people commented on my growing belly this week and it made me feel so special.  My bff Yomaida also brought me TONS of super cute maternity clothes that she had been saving for me to borrow. I must post pictures later of the 4 pairs of pants, 1 skirt, 4 dresses, and 21 tops. Can you believe it!?!  I am blessed with great friends.

Also, I bought my first few maternity pieces yesterday (thank you Shawn)!! My sweet friend stopped by the Gap and put several things on hold for me.  So of course I rushed over there on my way home from school. What fun that was for me to try on all of these cute maternity clothes and know that pretty soon they will be stretched to the max.  I had a blast while Mike stood in the corner and played Angry Birds. Secretly I know that he is loving every minute of this experience too.  He has been so precious.  He is so willing to do anything and everything that I need or want just for baby.  From late night milkshake or orange juice runs to cooking dinner every night, he has just been SO precious. I know that he will make an amazing daddy.  I can hardly wait to see him in action.

Well, I was just reading my best friend Kristy’s blog, who is also prego, and she had the cutest little weekly updates.  So, I think I will borrow her idea and start my own weekly updates.  Enjoy!!!

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along:
13 weeks
Size of baby: plum
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 5 – 6 lbs.
               Maternity Clothes: definitely the pants, my buttons and zippers
were just not meeting anymore
Gender: 4 more weeks!!
Movement: little flutters
What I miss: sushi
Cravings:  ORANGE JUICE – I can’t get enough.  We are talking, gallons a week.
Symptoms: growing tummy, headaches 
Best Moment this week: No more morning sickness!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS UPDATE! Tried commenting earlier...so u might get 2 comments!

    Anyway, I received an email from my friend Jackie saying she just cried when she read this post! She is delighted for you and coach!


    I am excited about helping you make this time as special as I can! Heart u friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw how exciting! In Mike's defense, Angry Birds is totally addictive ;D

    Also, OJ was my big craving too in the beginning! I'm so glad the sickness is passing and you can enjoy the pregnancy more. Pretty soon you'll feel the little guy or gal rolling around in there!

    ReplyDelete