Welcome to the story of us as we experience the journey to becoming first time parents!! We are very blessed and super excited to embark on this next chapter of our lives together.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Story of Us

I never would have considered myself a "blogger" but for some reason I'm really looking forward to starting one.  Thanks to my sweet friend Yomaida for creating this beautiful blog for me!!  I can't think of a better place to keep all of my precious memories and be able to share our lives with family and friends. 
Anyway, here is a little bit about the story of us...It all started on the first day of my sophomore year in college.  I saw this guy walking to class and I knew I wanted to meet him.  After doing a little bit of research and finding out his name I couldn't wait to meet him.  I remember calling my mom, before I ever even spoke to this guy, to tell her that I found the man I knew I would marry.  Needless to say, we finally met, (no thanks to Mike, I had to ask him out the first time) and eventually married in the summer of 2005. 

  
Look how young and innocent we were.

Shortly after we moved back to my hometown to settle down and start a family.  Well things didn't go according to MY plan.  Don't get me wrong, I am very blessed.  I have the best husband, a wonderful house, two precious dogs, and my husband and I teach at the same school.  Everything came SO easy for us until we decided to start a family. 
I have always been a planner so I had our baby plans all laid out for us.  I knew when we were going to start trying, when I wanted the baby to be born, and every other detail in between.  But, like I said earlier, things didn't go according to MY plan.  However, after a long and emotional journey of infertility issues, friends and family members sharing their exciting baby news, shots, pills and doctor's appointments we decided to try other options.  We took a month off to think about our options and try to de-stress for the holidays.  To our surprise, we got a call from the doctor, on my birthday, to let us know that we were going to be parents.  Can you believe it!?!  It is still a little surreal to me but still amazing.  It truly is a miracle from God. 

Here is our little miracle.

I read a quote once that said, "God is never late. He is seldom early. He is always right on time."  Such a simple quote but how real it has become to me.  I have prayed for a child for the last 3 years but I wanted it to be on my schedule and in my time.  Once I was able to let go I realized that God had a plan and it would happen in his time.  Granted, it was not easy to wait for his timing, in fact it was at times heart wrenching.  But waiting for God's timing has brought the greatest joy to my life.  I am now 10 weeks along and counting down the days until my next sonogram so I can see my baby again.  AND, not only am I going to be a mommy but I also get to experience the joys of pregnancy along side my little sister.  Our kiddos will only be 2 months apart.

Anyway, I promise not to ramble on and on in every post and as soon as I learn how to use my new Christmas present I promise to add more pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Heart warming! You're going to be great at this!!! Love your wediing pic and of course your teeny tiny 'bean' of joy! :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! You now have me motivated to get back on the wagon... its just been soooo busy.... I need to update so much! See you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! I love it! I miss you guys! Do you already have a bump?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great! I'm super jealous! Can't wait to read all about your little one. :)

    ReplyDelete