Welcome to the story of us as we experience the journey to becoming first time parents!! We are very blessed and super excited to embark on this next chapter of our lives together.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oh how time flies

I can’t believe that it has been 8 weeks since we brought our little man home from the hospital.  In a way it seems like a lifetime ago but when I look at him I can’t believe how fast the time has flown by.  This has been the greatest few months ever!  My baby boy is absolutely precious and just SO perfect.  I don’t know how I will function when I have to go back to work in just two short weeks. Sad smile I can’t even think about that right now.

Anyway, little man has grown so much in just these few weeks.  He has gained some weight, almost up to 9 lbs. and has grown to almost 20 inches.  His little belly is starting to poke out and I love dressing him in just his little diaper and a tee so you can see his little belly.  His hair is getting longer and is lightening up to blonde.  I think he looks like his daddy but some say he is looking more like me.

Here are some of my most favorite things about my little man right now:

  • The sweet little sigh that you make after you sneeze
  • The way you are all smiles when you wake up
  • The way you purr like a baby kitty in your sleep
  • The way you toot yourself awake from a good nap every now and then
  • The way you snuggle with me and hang on to my shirt with a death grip
  • The way that only I can calm you down when nothing else makes you happy
  • The way you smile and sometimes giggle in your sleep
  • The little mouth wide open grunt you make when you think you are starving
  • The way you will laugh at me when we play with your paci
  • The way you smell so sweet after a nice warm bath
  • The way you hold your head up and let it bob around like a little turtle
  • The way you love your play mat and kick lick crazy when the toy’s move around
  • The way you melt my heart every time I look, see, touch, and think about you

I feel like the luckiest mommy in the world.  I love you little Lan Man!   Here is my little man all smiles after a nap.

lan man

No comments:

Post a Comment